This whole roasted cauliflower, slathered with olive oil and spices is a gorgeous and easy side dish. It is deliciously tender on the inside and lightly browned and crisp on the outside.
Turmeric Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Trim the bottom of the cauliflower and remove all the leaves and the stem, be careful not to break it apart. Rinse the cauliflower and pat dry with paper towels.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Drain cauliflower from the pot, pat dry and transfer to a baking tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture all over the cauliflower, rub it all in and tuck those garlic bits inside it and then pop it into the oven.
- Roasting time depends on the size of your cauliflower, roughly 10 - 15. Drizzle the cooking juices over the cauliflower every now and again. The cauliflower is cooked when it's nice and soft. You can put it under the grill for a few minutes if you want it browned but be careful not to let it burn.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the cooking juices. Slice, serve and enjoy.