It’s funny to think I used to hate the idea of cauliflower rice. Seriously you guys, I absolutely hated it as much as I hate the term ‘clean eating’. I was never a big fan of cauliflower therefore the idea of cauliflower rice seemed rather ridiculous. Anyway, that’s a thing of the past because I’m so hooked.
In addition, cauliflower rice has made me fall in love with eating cauliflower; I can honestly say I love cauliflower. What I love the most about cauliflower rice is that it’s flavourful; the herbs and spices get infused into it as compared to whole cauliflower. If you are like me and don’t like cauliflower, you should seriously give cauliflower rice a go.
Lastly, I’m so happy to share this recipe with you guys. This cauliflower rice salad uses simple ingredients which when combined together brings a complete flavour explosion that takes salad to a whole new level. It’s flavourful, crunchy with a perfect hint of sweetness from the orange and dates.
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped kale (ribs removed)
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable stock, powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Turmeric Cauliflower Rice: Rinse cauliflower. Cut into quarters then grate in a large bowl or use a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is the size of grains of rice.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Then add cauliflower rice, vegetable stock and turmeric and cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly tender. You don't want to overcook it. Season with salt
- Combine the orange zest, lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and season to taste. Set aside
- In a salad bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, chopped kale, chickpeas, orange slices, and dates. Add the dressing, and toss everything together until evenly coated. Season to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.