Tofu is one of those foods that you either love or hate, and I’m one of the very few that love it. I don’t know what it is that people don’t like about tofu; is it the taste or texture? I absolutely love both the taste and texture and I think tofu is a block of white deliciousness. It must be my passion for all things food that makes it so easy to enjoy and appreciate food from different parts of the world. Here’s a few things I don’t eat, runny eggs and anything pork, that’s about it. Nothing will make me eat those two things.
Have you tried tofu? Are you a fan? Well if you are not a fan or you have never tried it before, you are in luck. Today, I’m going to walk you through how to make the best tofu fries. If these fries don’t convert you, I don’t know what will. They are crunchy, healthy and low carb/calorie. Perfect!
- A block of very firm or extra firm tofu
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the tofu from the package. Cut the tofu into thin sticks resembling fries.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the tofu, then sprinkle salt, paprika, and black pepper. Lightly rub in the spices onto the tofu, be careful not to break it.
- Line the tofu on the baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning the tofu half way through.
- Serve it with a salad or on it's own as a snack.