If I had to live off one thing for the rest of my life, I would no doubt choose vegan buddha bowls. They are glow-rious, vibrant, balanced, beautiful, wholesome and delicious. I just love throwing together seasonal vegetables, some whole grains, and legumes, topped with delicious dressing and calling it a meal.
This buddha bowl has seasonal vegetables, quinoa, chickpeas, guacamole with a yoghurt-mustard dressing. To save yourself on time, you can cook the quinoa ahead of time perhaps the night before.
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive/Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Yoghurt-mustard dressing
- 1 Cup coconut/Greek Yoghurt
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium Carrots, Grated
- 1/4 Head Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- Quinoa: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add quinoa. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered for about 10 minutes to absorb the excess water.
- Chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400F. On a lined baking tray, toss chickpeas, oil, and spices until chickpeas are evenly coated. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Guacamole: Mash the avocado with a fork, and add lime juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and combine well.
- Dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- To assemble the buddha bowls, divide quinoa, chickpeas, guacamole, and veggies into bowls and top with the dressing.