I’m in love with this roasted cauliflower rice. My most delicious veggie creation ever that will have your kiddos begging for more. It has become a favourite go-to side dish for the whole family.
You guys won’t believe how tasty this simple dish is; riced cauliflower combined with kale, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper. The first time I made it, my kids fought over it. And if a veggie dish is kid-approved, you know it’s good.
It is also super easy to whip up; a handful of ingredients tossed together and oven roasted. It’s that simple. Roasting the cauliflower brings out its nutty flavour which I love.
To turn this side dish into a meal simply add chickpeas, sweet potato or tofu. And don’t be afraid to add your own spices.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small bunch of kale, shredded and stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large oven tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare the cauliflower in a food processor or using a grater into the size of grains of rice. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and mix everything together until well combined.
- Spread the veggie mixture evenly onto the oven tray and roast for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- You can leave it longer in the oven but I like my veggies nice and crunchy.