Roasted sweet potato, turmeric cauliflower rice, red cabbage, sauerkraut and rocket and avocado salad. This deliciously vibrant bowl is chock-full of flavour and healthy goodness. It’s also vegan, grain-free and gluten free.
Some days I simply throw a meal together with no intention to post up the recipe. But then it turns out really amazing, and I debate whether I should post it up or not. This bowl was one of those meals. It was too good not to share.
The turmeric cauliflower rice is so delicious. Y’all know my love for turmeric. I love it’s earthy and exotic aroma; it’s beautiful. The sweet potato is simply spiced with paprika, garlic salt and chilli flakes. Paired the cauliflower rice and sweet potato with red cabbage, sauerkraut and salad.
You simply start by roasting the sweet potatoes in the oven. And while they are roasting away, sauté the turmeric cauliflower rice and slice up the cabbage and avocado. And now all that’s left to do is bring it all together in a delicious harmony.
This deliciously vibrant bowl is chock-full of flavour and healthy goodness. It's also vegan, grain-free and gluten free.
- 2 large sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small head of cauliflower. grated
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- A dash of lemon juice
- Red cabbage. sliced
- Avocado (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add all sweet potato ingredients into a bowl and and toss everything together.
- Place the wedges on the baking sheet and bake for 15-30 minutes or until cooked through, turning them halfway through.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions until soft, then add the cauliflower rice, salt, and turmeric. Cook for about 3-5 minutes. Add a dash of lemon. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Divide the sweet potato and cauliflower rice between two bowls, and throw in the red cabbage, sauerkraut and rocket and avocado. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and sprinkle chilli flakes. Serve and enjoy