I love quick and simple recipes that turn out to be mind-blowing delicious. This sweet potato stuffed with peanut butter will change your life. The peanut butter melts onto the sweet potato, and creates a taste of heaven in your mouth.
Y’all know my love for experimenting with food. I love food match making; pairing different foods together and creating weird combinations. I love that feeling you get when you create a recipe using the simplest of ingredients and it knocks your socks off.
This peanut butter sweet potato is not really a recipe; it’s just a new way I have found to enjoy sweet potato and thought I should share with you all. It’s perfectly satisfying and my current go-to breakfast. It’s delicious, so easy to whip up and for me it’s a nice break from smoothies and oatmeal. The combination may seem weird, but trust me it works. Don’t believe me, try it for yourself.
Just peanut butter on top is perfect for me, with a sprinkle of chia seeds and cinnamon. But there’s so much more you can throw in; fruits, yoghurt, nuts etc.
I prefer to bake my sweet potatoes because they cook beautifully. But when I’m short on time and don’t have any leftovers, I simply pop them in the microwave.
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 Tablespoon peanut butter
- Toppings: cinnamon, chia seeds, nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Wash the sweet potatoes, and dry completely. Using a fork, poke holes in the sweet potatoes and wrap in foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until soft. If you are short on time, you can simply microwave the sweet potatoes.
- When the sweet potato are done, slice them open and fluffy them with a fork. Top each with peanut butter, and sprinkle cinnamon and chia seeds.