I love oatmeal, it is warming, delicious, and make the perfect winter breakfast.
I’m a little obsessed with berry compote at the moment, I can’t get enough of it. I have been having it with yoghurt, and sweet potato and last week I thought I would try it with oatmeal. Oh my, it took oatmeal to a whole new level. Seriously, it’s divine and my new favourite breakfast.
The recipe is very quick and easy and uses only four ingredients. Berry compote sounds fancy but it’s so simple. It only takes a few minutes and adds a bit of elegance and the perfect sweetness to the oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup steel oats
- 100g blueberries, fresh/frozen
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- Salt, to taste
- To make the berry compote, place blueberries and a dash of hot water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the berries are soft and juicy.
- In another saucepan, mix the milk and oats and cook for a few minutes until they are nice and creamy. If the oats need more liquid, you can add more milk or water. Season with a little bit of salt.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with the compote. You can add other toppings such as chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds and fresh blueberries. Enjoy!