This bowl of almond butter overnight oats is a combination of healthy and comfort eating. It is the perfect on the go breakfast; quick, easy and delicious.
Breakfast doesn’t get an easier than overnight oats. You simply mix up the ingredients – oats and some sort of liquid. Then pour into a jar, seal and allow them to soak overnight in the fridge. That’s all it takes. Then in the morning breakfast is ready and waiting in all it’s deliciousness. All you have to do is dress it up with toppings and dig in.
In this recipe, I took overnight oats to the next level of creaminess and deliciousness. The oats are sweetened with dates. I start by blending almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, and dates to create that extra silky and creamier texture. I then combined it with the oats and allowed it to soak overnight. For toppings, I used banana, pomegranate seeds, and chia seeds. It was absolutely delicious and very satisfying.
I can never go without some nut butter in my overnight oats, I just won’t. It adds that delicious nutty flavour and a gorgeous creamy and silky texture that I just love. The thing I love most about overnight oats is that you can customise them into anything you want. You can use pretty much any topping.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 dates
- Toppings: Banana, pomegranate seeds and chia seeds
- Add almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, and dates to a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a mason jar, add oats and blended mixture. Stir well to mix. Seal jar with lid and allow to soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, top with sliced banana, pomegranate seeds and chia seeds.