Move aside turmeric latte (as much as I love you), maca latte is here! This happy hormones maca latte is not only delicious but also has amazing health benefits. It boosts energy levels, improves mood and balances your hormones.
You all know how obsessed I have been with turmeric the last few months, and I have been drinking bucket loads of golden lattes. But the other day, I felt like something different so I came up with maca latte. It’s so delicious, and I’m hopelessly hooked.So basically, I took the turmeric out of my turmeric latte and that’s how maca latte came about.
Maca is a root vegetable that comes from South America and it is chock-full of health benefits. Seriously, maca is one of my favourite superfoods. I use it on a daily basis, in smoothies, porridge and lattes. It makes me feel energised, alive and keeps my hormones in check. Maca can be found in most health food stores in powdered form and capsules. The taste is really strong and unique.
Benefits of maca
- It is nutrient dense and is rich fibre, essential amino acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and D, calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium and calcium
- Balances hormones and improves the symptoms of PMS, menopause
- Increases energy, improves mood and memory
- Increases fertility and improves sexual health
This maca latte is vegan, caffeine and sugar-free and only takes 5 minutes to whip up. I spiced it up with ginger and cinnamon and sweetened it with dates. When blended with dates, maca gives a deliciously rich caramel-like flavour.
I absolutely love this maca latte and I hope you will too.
- 1 cup of almond/coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Transfer to a saucepan, add the coconut oil and heat gently until very warm but not yet boiling.
- Pour into a mug, and enjoy.