Beans are a vegan’s best friend; they are nutritious, chock-full of protein, iron and fibre.
I absolutely love all variety of beans, they are a staple in my pantry.
Spiced with garlic, paprika and cumin, these garlicky black beans are simply delicious and incredibly easy to make. Can be served on their own, or paired with rice, avocado and veggies. My husband and kids love them on toast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400g cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the spices, tomato paste and beans, mix well and let cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice with avocado and steamed veggies.