This curry is dairy free, vegan and bursting with flavour and yumness. It’s also very simple to throw together and makes the perfect healthy comfort dish.
Oh My Gosh! Perfection in a bowl. I could seriously eat this every single day.
I love both sweet potato and chickpeas and together they make a food power couple. They are both so versatile, delicious and chock full of nutrients. I love how the two marry together beautifully; the sweetness and creaminess from the sweet potatoes and the nuttiness from the chickpeas.
This easy curry is truly heart-warming with the perfect balance of spice. I have made it almost every week in the last two months, it’s that good.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Kale, roughly chopped
- Salt and chilli flakes, to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add curry powder, turmeric, ground coriander, and paprika, and cook for one minute, stirring constantly until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the vegetable stock, chickpeas, diced sweet potatoes, and red peppers and mix everything through. Reduce heat and simmer, covered. Cook for 20 minutes, then mix in kale or other greens of your choice. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the greens have softened and the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Season with salt and chilli flakes. Serve on it's own or over rice