A definite must-try, super easy dish that is delicious and chock-full of healthy goodness.
This might be a bit of a surprise coming from a food blogger, but the truth is I don’t always want to cook. I don’t always love it. Sometimes, I find myself uninspired to cook. But even on those days, I still have to cook for the little people who rely on me.
When I crafted this dish, I was feeling uninspired and wanted something super quick and easy. I didn’t care who likes what and who doesn’t. I decided that everyone was going to eat this for dinner plus some roast meat for my meat-loving boys. I didn’t expect this dish to be great, just something edible.
I simply threw a few ingredients and spices together and voila; the perfect side dish or complete meal for a vegan like me. It was so delicious that even my not-so-veggie loving husband asked for seconds. Now it has become a family favourite. I love finding new ways of cooking vegetables my family enjoy, it’s not always so easy.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Kale, shredded
- Red cabbage, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, spices and olive oil. Toss everything together until well combined.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, and roast in the oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Mix in the kale and red cabbage and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.