Comfort in a bowl! This soup warms you up from the inside out.
It’s getting chilly out there, so I thought I would share with you my delicious pumpkin soup recipe. I love all soups but pumpkin soup with coconut milk is by far my favourite. My kids love it too. I serve it in cups for them and they just drink it up.
If you have never tried pumpkin soup before, I highly recommend it. The coconut milk is what brings this soup together. It adds richness, beautiful aroma and a creamy, velvety texture.
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can coconut milk
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan, and sauté the onion for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the pumpkin chunks, vegetable stock, cumin, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is nice and tender.
- Puree everything using an immersion blender. Add coconut milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle some coconut milk and sprinkle with pepitas seeds.