Delicious perfectly seasoned easy to make potato wedges. Crunchy on the outside, and light and fluffy on the inside. Keep reading to find out the secret!
It has always puzzled me why white potatoes have such a bad reputation. Because I love potatoes and think they are deliciously healthy if eaten as part of a balanced diet. However, I think I have finally figured it out. It’s because they are often accompanied by the wrong foods. Also how they are prepared. Potatoes on their own are healthy, but the minute you deep-fry, add butter, sour cream and lots of cheese they become unhealthy and highly calorific. Therefore, white potatoes are not the culprit, it’s how we prepare and serve them.
Potato wedges are a favourite in our house. But then again, who doesn’t love perfectly seasoned crispy wedges. Most Fridays, we do fast food at home. We make pizza, potato wedges, pies, and burgers. Potato wedges feature regularly on our fast food Friday menu. That’s how much we love them.
Each time, I make them differently by using different spices. This recipe is my absolute favourite. The wedges are seasoned with turmeric, paprika, parsley, minced garlic, olive oil and sprinkled with semolina and salt and pepper. Can you spot the odd ingredient? Yes, semolina. It’s the secret to extra crispy and crunchy wedges. I learned this trick off Hell’s kitchen chef Gordon Ramsey. It really works wonders.
Totally obsessed with turmeric. Not only because it’s one of the most powerful superfoods, but also because I absolutely love it. The beautiful colour and aroma. It’s delicious, extremely versatile and has so many amazing health benefits. I add it to almost everything; juices, smoothies, curries, stews, bliss balls, ferments, golden latte and detox teas.
- 6 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon semolina
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Cut them into wedges.
- In a bowl, combine wedges, oil, paprika, turmeric, parsley, and garlic. Toss together.
- Spread potato wedges on a single layer on a prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with semolina and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40, turning them half-way until golden crispy and cooked through.
- Sprinkle wedges with fresh parsley and serve with tomato sauce.